Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Stop telling me what to do, or what NOT to do.

I ate a big, HUGE taco salad today and now I feel like shit. I knew I would when I made the personal choice to eat it. I knew it would be sitting in my guts like a rock all day, yet I still chose to eat that delicious, artery-blocking, fart-producing, fat-ass-making taco salad. It was my personal choice and I'm paying for it, dearly! Maybe the government should ban taco salads! THAT will keep me from eating them, since I'm too stupid to know that the choice I am making right now will make me feel bad later. Thank you!

We should be allowed to make personal choices. If I want to eat a big, fat taco salad, I am allowed. If I want to smoke a cigarette while drinking a shot of whiskey, I am allowed (I do neither). If I want to stick a needle full of heroine into my arm, or sit around all weekend smoking meth and not eating, or snorting cocaine up my nose, or having sex for money, or paying for sex, or carry a gun everywhere I go (this is a HUGE change for me, I used to be sooooo anti-gun it was ridiculous), I should be allowed. If we allowed people to make personal choices, no matter what the consequences of those choices, maybe our choice-making would be a little bit more careful. Maybe not. Either way, if someone chooses to do something that they know can kill them, let them! 200+ plus people have died climbing Mt. Everest. They choose to pay $25,000 just for the permit to climb a mountain that they know may kill them. They are allowed to do this! Will I ever do it? Hell NO! It makes absolutely no sense to me. But hey, if you want to risk your life, go for it! Will I ever do heroine? Hell NO! It makes absolutely no sense to me. Again, if you want to risk your life for a quick high, do it. It is just my opinion that laws against personal choice should be abolished. If a person's choice brings harm only to themselves, then that person should be allowed to do it. Stop telling me what to do, or actually what NOT to do!

Laws that protect everyone else are needed...traffic laws, laws against rape, murder, incest, any law that makes it illegal for one person to bring harm to another, keep those laws. Any law that prevents me from making a choice that may or may not bring harm to myself, get rid of those. Yes I know, a lot of people are affected when someone dies of an overdose, it's not just the individual who died. I'm sorry, I totally get that. But it doesn't change my mind. I don't want my son to smoke but he does. Am I afraid he is going to die? You betcha I am! But he is making an educated decision. He isn't stupid. Just like me when I ate that taco salad today, I knew I would feel like shit later. But it was my personal choice. I just wish people would stop trying to control everything everyone else does. If you don't want to do it, then don't. But let me make my own decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment