Wednesday, October 6, 2010

what makes me happy

Hearing my kids laugh as they play video games together.
Watching the deer in my neighborhood.
Watching a storm come in, the clouds swirling and changing color, the lightening flashing, hearing the thunder and counting to see how far away it is.
The sound of waves crashing, the feel of the mist as the water hits the rocks.
The feel of his hand on the small of my back, his breath on my neck.
Funniest Home Videos and Wipeout!
Finishing an hour long workout on the elliptical, the sweat pouring from my brow.
Doing laundry in my own washer and dryer.
The warmth of the sun on my skin on a cold March day.
Paying my bills and seeing that I still have a balance in my check book.
Changing my own tire.
Posting something on FB that makes people laugh.
Listening to my brothers tell stories from way back when.
Going home early.
Camp fires.
Hitting all the green lights.
Watching a movie that makes me laugh until I cry.
Having a conversation consisting entirely of movie quotes.
A good hair day.
Shaving my legs and NOT knicking myself.
Running into an old friend that I actually want to see.
Watching my kids doing something they are passionate about.
Sitting quietly as the world moves all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment